Nose surgery is one of the most performed procedures among aesthetic operations. There are many people who have it done for aesthetic purposes as well as patients who cannot breathe easily. A lot of questions arise in mind about such a preferred procedure. At this point, the answers to all the questions that come to mind are in our article. If you want to have nose surgery consciously, you can find answers to all the questions in your mind in our article.
It is possible to solve congenital deformities or deformities such as accidental injuries with nasal surgery. Thanks to the developing medicine and technological innovations, the shape and tissue disorders that occur on the surface of the nose or in the inner parts are corrected by nose surgeries. The general size, shape, length, size, bone structure and tip area of the nose are made aesthetic by nose surgery.
What are the methods used in rhinoplasty?
The most used methods in rhinoplasty surgeries are;
- Closed nose surgery: in this method, the incisions are opened through the nose and the problem in the nose is resolved. In closed nose surgeries, suture scars are not obvious.
- Open nose surgery: the nasal surface is lifted with the incisions made from the sides of the nose and the defects in the nose are corrected. In this method, very small suture marks remain on the edges of the nose.
- Nasal tip surgery: those who have a low nose tip or small or large according to the general size of the nose find a solution with this method. If the tip of the nose is opened, the tissue is removed, if it is small, tissue is added to that area.
Will there be pain after nose surgery?
Although nose surgery is small in area, it is a surgical procedure as a result. Since you will be under the influence of general anesthesia during the procedure, you will not feel any pain. However, after the operation, a slight pain may be felt as the effect of anesthesia wears off. At this stage, since the patient will stay in the hospital for 1 or 2 days, he takes drugs intravenously and does not feel pain. In the next stage, painkillers can be used if needed.
Can breathing problem be solved with nose surgery?
Since some patients have breathing problems, the enlarged nasal meats that cause the problem are removed, so a solution to your breathing problem is found. In the same operation, you can have nose surgery for aesthetic purposes if you wish.
Are the face and eyes very swollen and bruised?
After all intermittent surgical procedures, some bruising, swelling and edema are experienced. While this process is normal, it will pass over time. After an average of 10 days, there is no bruising and swelling.
Does the nose drop after the operation?
It is normal to experience a slight drop in the tip of the nose with the entry of edema after nose surgery. If you want an upturned nose, you should share this expectation with your doctor before the operation.
What if I don’t like the nose surgery?
Nose surgeries are procedures with a high success rate in general. However, in some cases, problems arise if the right specialist and experienced doctor is not selected. In order not to experience such a problem, you should make your choice well. However, if you have had a problem, it can be solved with revision surgery.
Who gets nose surgery?
People who are suitable for nose surgery;
- Those with small or large nose tips
- Those with an arched nose from the side profile
- Those who have problems in the bone and tissue structure in the nose
- Those with curvature in the nasal bones
- Those who have difficulty in breathing due to intranasal flesh growth
- Those with the tip of the nose down.
- Those who do not like their nose aesthetically
- Those whose nose sizes are larger or smaller than the face.
- Those whose nose wings are too open or too closed
Who can not have nose surgery?
Those who are not suitable for nose surgery;
- They will not be able to remove a surgical operation as a body.
- Those with anesthesia or drug allergies
- Cancer patients
- Those under the age of 18 with no health problems.
- Those with weak cartilage structure
- Those whose wounds heal late
- Patients with high diabetes and blood pressure who cannot afford the operation
Which doctors do nose surgery?
Even if there is more than one opinion on this subject, in the essence of the matter, plastic surgeons and otolaryngologists who have adequate training and dexterity in this field can perform nasal surgeries.
How long does recovery take after surgery?
After a successful operation, the patient stays in the hospital for a maximum of 2 days and is discharged, and continues his social life in an average of 15 days. It may take about 12 months for the nose to take its final shape.
What should be considered after nose surgery?
Things to consider after your nose surgery;
- After the operation, the drugs given by the doctor should be used completely.
- Since the nose surface is sensitive, be careful not to get hit for a certain period of time.
- Do not put pressure on your nose with your hand
- After the surgery, sleep on your back and at a 45-degree angle for the period recommended by the doctor, never on your face.
- Do not do sports and exercise for at least 6 weeks after nose surgery.
- If you are in the summer months, protect yourself against the sun’s rays.
- Do not blow your nose harshly and be careful when washing your face.
When will the tampon and plaster come off after nose surgery?
Thanks to the developing medical techniques, the use of tampons is not required in some cases. Information on when to remove the stitches, plasters and tampons used after nose surgery;
- The tampons used in the surgery are removed in an average of 7 to 10 days. This situation may vary according to the patients.
- Casts on the nose are generally removed after 10 days.
- The stitches thrown during the nose surgery generally fall out on their own. Non-shedding stitches are removed by the doctor after 7 days.