Hair transplantation is a natural and permanent solution to hair thinning or shedding due to genetic predisposition, drugs used, stress or environmental factors. Hair loss or baldness in the hairy area is carried out by taking hair root seeds from resistant areas such as the nape and transferring them to the bald area. Hair transplant operation is a surgical procedure performed under general anesthesia. In addition to aesthetic concerns, hair transplantation is performed for medical purposes. Hair is transferred to the traumatized area due to regional hair loss as a result of accidents. With the hair transplant operation, which makes the person feel better in terms of health and visual, individuals find a permanent solution to the problem of baldness. With the developing medical and technological innovations, hair transplantation methods are also developing and the most appropriate method is applied. The results of hair transplantation applied with a specialist doctor and his team will be at a level that will satisfy the person. In some of the methods applied, the hair is completely shaved, while in others it is done without shaving partially or completely.
What Is The Process Before Hair Transplantation ?
- Things to consider before hair transplantation; Medication use Although there is no definite result about the use of medication before the hair transplant operation, the use of blood thinners, especially, should be discontinued in the 7 to 10 days before the operation. Despite the absence of major bleeding, the use of blood thinners is suspended in order to avoid problems in minor bleeding.
- Alcohol smoking: Since smoking and alcohol use prolong the healing process and increase the formation of edema, it should be stopped before the hair transplant operation for the period determined by the specialist, and it should be used again at least 7 days after the hair transplant operation. The longer you keep this time, the faster your recovery rate will be.
- Nutrition: Paying attention to your nutrition before the hair transplant operation accelerates your healing process. With a good nutrition plan, you will accelerate your blood circulation and make your hair grow healthier. You should add plenty of water to your nutrition plan, which provides the opportunity to minimize the formation of edema after the operation.
- Pre-operative clothing preference: choosing comfortable clothes before the operation will ensure that there is no pressure on your hair when you change your clothes.
- Rest and sleep: It is very important to have a good sleep before the hair transplant operation, for the body to rest, since it is not possible to lie down in the usual sleeping position for a certain period of time after the hair transplant operation. Having a hair transplant operation after a good sleep will be good for the endurance of the body.
- Hair cleaning: After the hair transplant operation, the first wash is done in the company of a doctor, and hair is not washed with the old methods for a certain period of time. Since it is necessary not to apply pressure after the hair transplant operation, a hard wash should not be done. It will be much better for you if you wash your hair in a way that you will feel better before the operation.
- Hair care and product use: In order not to lose your existing hair before the hair transplant operation, clean products should be used. Chemical products should be avoided as much as possible. Before and after the hair transplant operation, you should take care of your hair for its health and you should not use products containing chemicals. Especially after hair transplantation, you should not use products such as gel and spray for the period determined by your doctor.
Hair Transplantation Stages
- Stage 1 consultation
After deciding to have a hair transplant operation, the first step is to be examined by a specialist. At this stage, the patient learns the necessary information about hair transplantation by meeting with the specialist. At the consultation stage, the specialist determines the method that should be applied to the patient. According to the method, the hairline is determined and the estimated appearance after hair transplantation is visually determined in the computer environment.
- Stage 2 preparation
At this stage, the necessary blood tests are performed on the patient who will undergo hair transplantation. According to the results, if there is no obstacle to hair transplantation, the operation is started.
- Application of 3rd stage local anesthesia
In the local anesthesia phase, the donor area is anesthetized with local anesthesia in order not to feel any pain. Before applying local anesthesia, sterilization of the area is provided.
- Collecting the 4th stage hair follicle seeds
Hair follicle seeds are started to be collected for the area to be transplanted from the donor area, which is compatible with local anesthesia. For hair transplantation operation, the donor area is usually determined as the nape region that is resistant to hair loss. The collected hair follicle seeds are protected in a certain area until the planting stage.
- Opening of 5th stage channels
During the channel opening, small channels are opened to place the roots in the area where the collected hair follicles will be transferred. This channel opening process changes according to the method. In some hair transplantation methods, hair root seeds are placed by applying light pressure without opening the canal. This step is very important for hair health after hair transplantation.
- Planting of 6th stage hair follicle seeds
The hair follicle seeds collected during the hair transplantation stage, which is the last stage of the hair transplant operation, are transferred to the opened channels at right angles. This stage is as important as opening a channel. A wrong application at this stage affects the appearance of the hair transplant.
What Should Be Considered After Hair Transplantation?
There are some points to be considered after the hair transplant operation. These are the points you should pay attention to;
- After the operation, you should fully use the prescription recommended by your doctor.
- You should not apply pressure to the hair transplant area, and you should not use accessories such as scarves, berets, and scarves for a while.
- On the first day after the hair transplant operation, a doctor’s examination is performed and the first wash is carried out in the company of a specialist.
- It is normal to experience minor bleeding in the first few days. Within 1 week after the operation, these bleedings will stop and the crusts will begin to fall off.
- Shock shedding is experienced within 3 months after the hair transplant operation, this is normal, and the hair will start to grow again after the 6th month.
- After the hair transplant operation, the net results are seen after 12 months.
- You should not be exposed to the sea and sun for the first 15 days after the hair transplant operation.
- During the recovery period, heavy sports and exercise should not be done for the period determined by your doctor.
- After the operation, you should lie on your back with a 45-degree angle for the specified period.